Open the map and explore Chiang Mai. Are you ready to mark your checklist? From beautiful mountains, refreshing waterfalls, chilling sea of mist to sweet flower gardens, we have collected a list of not to miss nature spots.
‘Chiang Mai’ is one of the provinces that everyone thinks of when they want to travel because of its many types of attractions such as nature, cafes, restaurants, temples and museums. It is a city full of color and life.
Our recommended list is made to help you plan your trip easier and to make sure that you do not miss any of the must-go places. Let’s see where those places are and please do not forget to mark these places on your map.
Recommended tourist attractions in Chiang Mai
- Angkhang Bonsai Garden : A place where various types of bonsai are displayed.
- Doi Luang Chiang Dao :Sleep at a homestay. Admire the sea of mist and feel the cold weather and good atmosphere.
- Mae Ngat Dam and Reservoir :The place has a beautiful view and good weather. Sleep under the stars on a floating raft close to nature.
- Doi Mae Tho :360 degree panoramic viewpoint which provides a green mountain view. There is a campsite for you to camp.
- Bua Tong Waterfall :Three-tiered waterfall in the middle of the forest with clear and cool water close to nature.
- Mon Chaem : Stay in a dome tent to admire the sea of mist, feel the cold wind and explore some flower gardens.
- I Love Flower Farm : Photogenic garden of multicolored cutters and margarets.
- Mae Kampong Village : A small village in the valley that has many ecotourism homestays.
- Kew Fin : The viewpoint of the morning mist at 1,517 meters above sea level.
- Nimmanhaemin area : A collection of places to eat and street food in Chiang Mai.
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Ratchaworawihan : Come to pray and experience the beauty of the relics.
- Chiang Mai Airport
- Wat Ban Den : Visit the beautiful temple to admire the beauty of the blue, gold and white architecture.
- Bong Piang Forest Village : Try to live a simple life and experience the view of terraced rice fields with the coolest fog.
- Doi Inthanon National Park : A Mountain with many natural attractions, including a variety of mountains and waterfalls.
- Ban Pha Mon : Homestay in the middle of the valley and rice fields with a very good atmosphere.
- Pong Horse Park : Ride a horse on a rocky cliff path. Take some cool photos while exploring nature.
- Pha Chor : Steep cliffs that are unique, beautiful and strange
- Ban Mae Klang Luang : Homestay in the middle of the valley with golden rice terraces and good weather
- Khun Pae Royal Project Development Center :See the beautiful hydrangea flower fields in the winter city
- Doi Bo Luang Forest Park :A house in the middle of a pine forest covered with white mist
- Suan Son Bo Kaeo :Bo Kaeo Planting Experiment Station with tall pine trees.
- Doi Muser Viewpoint : A viewpoint that oversees entire Omkoi District
- Doi Mon Jong : Trekking trail to explore the beautiful golden meadow fields during January – February
For more information please contact : TOURISM AUTHORITY OF THAILAND, CHIANG MAI OFFICE
Location : 105/1 Chiang Mai-Lamphun Road, Tambon Watgate, Amphoe Mueang, Chiang Mai 50000
Tel : +66 5324 8604-5
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.tourismthailand.org/chiangmai
These are just some of the many tourist attractions in Chiang Mai. The city has a lot more to offer whichever your preferences are from nature, cafes to trendy markets. Trust us, the city will make you fall in love and wish to return again.